Application must be submitted online via the following link:
Information provided will only be used for the purpose of evaluating your application for the CIMB Regional Scholarship. Submission of copies of certificates, offer letter, commendation letters or any other document is not required at this moment. Only applicants who are shortlisted for the next round of assessment will be required to produce the original copies of relevant documents.
Important information regarding submission of your application
- You must register via the system using your email address before you can start filling up the form. Please do not register more than once.
- The online application system allows you to save your application along the way. You will only need to click ‘Save and go to next’ button at the bottom of the page to save the completed sections. You may log in again using your registered email ID and password to continue at a later time.
- Ensure that you click ‘Submit’ when you have completed your form. Otherwise, it will remain as draft and will not be considered as submission.
- Application closing date is 31 July 2014.
To apply for the CIMB Regional Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of any ASEAN country.
- Have gained unconditional acceptance for enrollment in year 2015 at a top graduate school to pursue a postgraduate degree programme in Sports Science, Botany and Fine & Creative Arts studies. The offer must remain valid when the CIMB Regional Scholarship is awarded.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree with minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent (for Master's Degree applicants), or a Master's Degree with a good examiner's report or equivalent (for Doctoral Degree applicants) that is relevant to the course or field applied.
- Not a holder of any other scholarship awards or grants that come with any contractual obligation on your part.
- Relevant work experience, where applicable, is an added advantage.
The CIMB Regional Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees including registration, tuition and examination fees, book allowance, as well as other expenses such as accommodation, airfare, travel documents and other related expenses.
The CIMB Regional Scholarship always seeks to sponsor studies which are relatively untapped in the region, and for which scholarships are rarely awarded. Therefore, this year the Scholarship is open to individuals who have great passion in the following areas:
When we look back into the history of sports, it is probably as old as human kind. It perhaps started off informally as daily activities due to basic survival needs such as hunting for food, physical routines in preparation for war or even simple games for entertainment before these activities are introduced formally as sports by ancient Greece through the Olympic Games. Since then, the sports landscape has grown enormously with human advancement. These developments led to the introduction of Sports Science, a relatively young discipline which only became popular in the last quarter of the 20th century. This is an acknowledgement, more than anything, of how seriously sport is taken today. Nowadays, thanks to the advancement of science and technology, Sports Science enables humans to achieve better performance, and at times, even outperform the normal capability of the human body. CIMB has always been supportive of sports development at national and international levels through various types of sponsorships. We would like to continue to do so by sponsoring talented individuals who would like to further their study in the following:
- Anthropometry & Kinanthropometry
- Sports Physiology
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Biomechanics & Motor Control
- Sports Technology
Although Art is commonly linked to painting, sculpture, poetry, drama, dance and some other practices, it is actually much more than that. Broadly, Art is a way to express one’s feelings through any object or medium like paper, colours, technology, music, photograph, etc. It is a ‘language’ that is able to connect people from different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicity, etc together. It brings people closer, breaks down barriers and enhances cultural appreciation and awareness. This is definitely in line with CIMB Group’s agenda which values diversity and promotes fellowship among the multi-cultural ASEAN community. Therefore, we would like to hear from you if you have passion in the following:
Botany is also known as Plant Science. It started off as herbalism study and has now evolved into a broad multidisciplinary subject that covers plant structure, growth and reproduction, right through to its application in providing staple foods, textiles, forestry, environmental management and so forth. ASEAN is one of the regions that has the most diverse plant species in the world and it is important for us to ensure its sustainability to preserve the health of our ecology. CIMB Group, as an organisation that has its core operations in this region would also like to play a role in contributing to this effort. Thus, we are also seeking for individuals who would like to make a change in the following areas:
- Economic Botany
- Plants Breeding
- Food Science and Technology
- Natural Resource Management
- Plant Pathology
More information, visit: HERE