Master of Project Management
Offered By: Open University Malaysia (OUM)
The Master in Project Management programme helps students develop the ability to solve real-world management problems, and to exercise sound management judgment through the ractical
application of project management concepts and skills.
The programme objectives are to:
- Enable students to develop and communicate project financial and performance objectives.
- Provide students with the skills needed to accurately plan project task, budget and resource requirements.
- Prepare students to effectively monitor, control and report project costs, schedules and quality / performance levels needed to meet targeted milestones and required levels of earned value.
- Equip students with effective leadership skills for promoting a
positive environment that will help motivate team members and
resolve confl icts.
Degree by Coursework (Structure III)
• Bachelor’s degree with honours in any field of study or its equivalent, OR
• Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ of work experience in a related field.
OPEN ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MASTER’S
To be considered under Open Entry, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 35 years old on 1st of January (applied year) AND
possess STPM (minimum 1 principle) OR a recognised diploma or
- Possess prior learning experience and / or knowledge relevant to the programme applied for
- Not applicable for research-based master’s programmes.
DURATION OF STUDY
A master’s degree programme can be completed within a minimum period of two years.
Learners who are not able to complete their studies within the stipulated maximum period under the doctoral degree programme
may apply for an extension of not more than three semesters or one academic year by making a written application to the Director for approval. The application must be made three months before the end of the duration of study.
Failure to complete a programme within the stipulated duration may result in the termination of candidature.