3 Semester programme (April and July intakes)
- SPM: A minimum of 5 Bs in academic subjects, including mathematics and one science subject, excluding religious studies, moral studies and languages
- GCSE/IGCSE: A minimum of 5 Bs including mathematics and a science subject excluding religious studies and languages
2 Semester Programme (September intake)
- A Level: CCC, including mathematics and 2 science subjects, excluding general studies
- IB Diploma: 24 points, including 5 points in mathematics and 4 points in science subjects
- STPM: BBB, including mathematics and 2 science subjects, excluding Pengajian Am
- UEC: A minimum of 5 Bs including mathematics and a science subject, excluding religious studies, moral studies and languages
The course is structured into four subject areas namely, Biology, Chemistry & Physics, Mathematics & Information Technology and English Language & Study Skills.
In Semester 0, fundamental principles of Laboratory Practice in Biosciences, Physics, Information Technology and Introduction to Mathematical Techniques and Business are studied. These introductory subjects underpin the basic principles of chemical and biological sciences.
In Semester 1, topics in chemistry and biology are introduced in addition to mathematics. These include basic biological concepts such as molecules, cells, tissues, organs, organisms and ecosystems. Chemical concepts are introduced, focusing upon the biochemical molecules of life.
In Semester 2, modules expand on themes in biology, organic chemistry and mathematics. Advanced biological topics within the lifecycles of plants and mammals are studied. Areas such as genetics and genetic engineering are also covered.