PTPL College Shah Alam
Established in 1996, PTPL College has flourished
to become a leading provider of quality
education in meeting the growing demand for
professionals in the country. PTPL's success abound, besides being the first private college in Malaysia to be awarded recognition by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), PTPL's strength and rapid growth have been a
benchmark for quality education.
PTPL programmes are parallel with the development of the education policies in
Malaysia and the nation's industrial requirements. Several areas of study are in focus namely, health science, information sciences, engineering, business, management, and professional studies.
PTPL aspires to be a college of choice, providing holistic academic standards which are relevant to the nation whilst maintaining sound ethical
To produce graduates of high moral values, committed to excellence, leadership, integrity
and professionalism, in response to the needs of the country.
To promote scholarship; by providing affordable educational opportunities beyond the measures of expectations.
To ensure employability of graduates; by observing impeccable standards and quality in the curriculum that further justify recognition, accreditation and certification.
To inculcate the culture of academic excellence; reflective of the highest standards of innovative teaching-learning approaches and strategies.
To be totally committed towards ensuring a high rate of student success; by providing an intellectually stimulating environment, that is conducive to support, nurture and advance teaching and learning at the college.
A University Affiliation
The PTPL group of colleges are a collegiate institutions of Management & Science University (MSU) and students that graduate with diplomas will be able to get up to a year's exemption from subjects for the degree programmes at MSU.
Recognised Qualifications (MQA accredited)
PTPL is the first private college in the country to
be recognised and accredited by MQA for the courses offered.
Experienced lecturers and modern teaching facilities
A low student lecturer ratio is maintained. Lecturers' qualifications for the programme range from degree, masters to PhD. Contemporary teaching aids are used in order to ensure an effective learning process.
PTPL's programmes are very flexible as they
allow students to continue at local or foreign universities upon completion of their studies. Alternatively, students from PTPL can advance their degree studies with MSU.
All programmes offered are either approved or accredited by MQA. The programmes offered by PTPL are :
- Certificate in Health Sciences
- Certificate in Computer Science
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Electric & Electronic Engineering
- Certificate in Tourism Management
- Certificate in Hotel Operation & Catering
- Certificate in Early Childhood Educatio
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Human Capital Management
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Diploma in English Language Teaching
- Diploma in Food Service & Restaurant
- Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Electric & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Multimedia Technology
- Diploma in E-Commerce
- Diploma in Business Computin
- ACCA - The association of chartered certified
- CAT - The ACCA Accounting Technician
- LCCI - Diploma in Business Studies
- LCCI - Private Secretarial Diploma
- ABE - The association of business executives
Bachelor's Degree Programme
Management & Science University
- Bachelor in Information Technology &
- Bachelor in International Business
- Bachelor in Accounting
- Bachelor in Hospitality Management & Tourism
- Bachelor in Biomedicine
- Bachelor in Computer Scienc
Anglia Ruskin University PROGRAMME 3+0
- Bachelor in Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Bachelor in Corporate Management
- Bachelor in Marketing Managemen
- LLB (Hons) 2+1 Advance Standin
University of East London (UOL)
- Bachelor of Law (Hons) International Programme
- General Certificate of Education (GCE- A Level
Partner universities / International links
- Northumbria University
- Anglia Ruskin University (ARU
Academic Facilities & Resources
PTPL Colleges provide modern and well-equipped library with Internet and multimedia facilities,
such as :
- Students activity centre
- Modern and well equipped library with internet
and multimedia facilities
- Computer / Cyber laboratories
- Science laboratories
- Transportation from hostel to PTPL and vice-
versa (selected centres only)
- Counselling service
- Sports facilities - basketball, volleyball,
badminton courts and football field
- Fully air-conditioned lecture rooms, theater hall
- Accommodation (selected centres only)
- E-banking, mini mart, cafeteria
- Islamic centre
Student Support Services &
Student Development Activities
The Student & Career Development (SCD) department complements the college schools
and centres of learning in the students personal and professional development. It enhances
students' character building through the activities that the department organises. Career based activities which are aimed at sharpening students' skills and personal competencies are a common feature throughout any academic year. The SCD also serves as a hub for campus life as
a variety of events is jointly organised between
the department and the various clubs and association under its purview. The department provides counseling and assistance on the general welfare of students, housing and alumni networking.
Outline of Scholarships &
PTPL offers various initiative and collaborative efforts between PTPL and several of its public and private institutional partners.
PTPL's very own President's Scholarship is one of such schemes that have over the years benefited many students. This is an award given to
students who demonstrates outstanding
academic achievements and they hail from an economically challenge background.
Media and External Organization
Joint scholarship schemes are offered by PTPL in ensuring the less fortunate gets to continue with their further education. The scholarship is opened. To all Malaysians and the financial assistance awarded ranges from a
full to partial scholarship.
Recognition & Achievements
- "Best managed private institution of Higher
Learning" awarded by the ministry of Higher
Education of Malaysia.
- Professional bodies such as ACCA, CIMA, LCCI,
- To date, students of the PTPL Group of colleges
has won over 300 world and national awards
in various categories and disciplines.
- MSC Status institution