If you’ve just graduated or will be graduating soon, you might be wondering how much salary to expect when applying for your first job in Healthcare. Here is a guide to the average salary of entry level job in Malaysia for Healthcare according to JobStreet.com’s 2017 salary report.
Being the smartest in your class or the top student in your district is not good enough a reason to study medicine. Are you thinking of medical school because it is what people around you expect of you? While pursuing a career in medicine has many benefits, you may want to rethink the reasons for your decision before you apply. Read more here.
Fields of Study: Medicine and Healthcare
by StudyMalaysia.com on March 17, 2017
What’s It About ?
Medicine and health is the study of the principles and procedures used in preventing, diagnosing, caring for and treating illness, disease and injury in humans, and the maintenance of general health. It also involves the study of drugs and medicine (modern, traditional and complementary), their preparation, dispensing and administration.
This field of study develops an understanding of disease processes and mechanisms, the structure and function of the human body and mind, the restoration and maintenance of health, pain control, human behaviour and medical ethics. In addition, the field also studies the interaction between humans and their physical, biological and social environment; and the properties of drugs and medical products and their manufacture, control and use in the community and hospitals.
- Administrative Services Managers
- Allergists and Immunologists
- Ambulance Drivers and Attendants
- Athletic Trainers
- Computational Analysts
- Biological Scientists
- Biomedical Engineers
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Clinical Researchers
- Counselling Psychologists
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Hygienists
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Endoscopy Technicians
- Family and General Practitioners
- Fitness Trainers/Advisors
- Forensic Scientists
- Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners
- Health Educators
- Healthcare Administrators
- Healthcare Consultants
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Workers
- Home Health Aides
- Instrumentation Engineers
- Life Science Technologists
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Doctors
- Medical Scientists
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Mental Health Counsellors
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Nuclear Medicine Physicians
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Nursing Assistants
- Nursing Instructors and Teachers
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Physical Therapists
- Physician Assistants
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Recreational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Rehabilitation Counsellors
- Respiratory Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Sports Medicine Physicians
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counsellors
- TCM Therapists
Courses Offered In This Field
Career Options in Medicine and Healthcare
Are you comfortable working in a healthcare facility like hospitals, clinics, laboratories, nursing homes, pharmacies and surgeries?
Interested in a career in healthcare but don’t know where to start?
If you enjoy learning about human behaviour and mental health, plus you have a strong desire to encourage people to make positive changes to their lives, you may wish to pursue a career in clinical psychology. Besides your passion to help others, you would do well if you possess the following interests. Read more here.
Psychologists study and conduct research on mental processes and behavior of human beings and apply this knowledge to increase understanding between individuals, groups, organisations, institutions, nations, and cultures. They do this by observing, interpreting, and recording how people and other animals relate to one another and the environment. Read more here.
Must-Read Articles on Medicine and Healthcare
Source: Education Guide Malaysia 14th Ed.