Part 5: Fields of Study - Find out which one matches your interest
by StudyMalaysia.com on January 24, 2015 | Career Guide
Courses offered at universities and colleges found here are grouped under some 27 fields of study. A field of study consists of a broad area of academic and skills qualifications that come under a similar branch of subject knowledge. In addition, courses offered under each field of study require similar academic entry requirements.
To make sure you have made a good choice, the field of study you have chosen should fit with your interests and prepare you for the career you want. Once you have decided on the field of study, find out which higher education institutions offer the level of study that matches your career goal. There may be different levels of study – such as certificate or diploma or bachelor’s degree– that you need to complete before you end up with the dream career of your chosen field.
27 Fields of Study:
- Pre-University Programme
- Accounting & Finance
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery & Veterinary
- Architecture & Building
- Arts & Design
- Audio-visual Techniques & Media Production
- Business Management & Administration
- Computing & IT
- Communication & Broadcasting
- Engineering & Engineering Trades
- Environmental Protection
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Manufacturing & Processing
- Marketing & Sales
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Medical Diagnostic & Treatment Technology
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Occupational Health & Hygiene Services
- Personal Services
- Science (Life Science/Physical Science/Applied Science)
- Security Services
- Social Sciences
- Social Services
- Transport Services
Hope you have a head start in your search for a field of study. If you need further assistance, please use of HELPDESK service.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Did you know that there’s something called the Critical Occupations ...