An all-new career guidebook helps secondary school students explore and identify the right course to study at universitySeptember 20, 2017 | Editor's Desk
The publisher of education guidebooks, Challenger Concept, announces the launch of ‘myCOURSE Guide: Let the 27 fields of study lead you to the right course choice’.
The newly published myCOURSE Guide is a guidebook that introduces the 27 fields of study. It also incorporates a career assessment activity and course information. We have enclosed one complimentary copy for your perusal.
The aim of myCOURSE Guide is to provide:
- an effective assessment tool that helps students explore and identify a suitable COURSE choice for their university education
- a workbook that can help students explore and identify a university course that is the RIGHT fit for them
About this new book:
Every dream has a journey, Every career has a path
Complemented by www.studymalaysia.com/career-guide, this easy-to-use guidebook is a useful assessment tool for school counsellors, students and parents—it helps students explore and identify a suitable COURSE choice for their university education.
a) A useful tool for students:
Designed for Form 4, 5 and 6 students and international school students preparing for IGCSE or A-Levels, this guidebook summarises all possible study disciplines available and groups them into 27 fields of study. Students will be introduced to each field of study, its sub-fields or majors, possible occupations in each field, as well as a list of courses offered under each field of study by the corresponding education providers.
There’s more—a self-directed activity (career assessment) in the guidebook helps students to explore, evaluate and shortlist the fields of study in which they are interested and subsequently, search for a right higher education course which matches their career interest.
It is hoped that users will be guided in:
- finding out what courses are offered in each field of study that matches their dream career or career interest; and
- identifying an education provider of a particular course of study that corresponds to their career interest
b) An indispensable tool for career guidance counsellors:
This effective assessment tool and guidebook provides counsellors with:
- information about all possible fields of study coupled with examples of courses
- a list of possible occupations in each field
- a list of important criteria for each field of study that guides students in determining if they are ready or suited for a particular field of study
- a handy and easy-to-use career assessment tool: a self-directed activity
c) A useful tool for parents:
This guidebook aims to help parents by providing answers to the following questions:
- Are you able to help your child who may be at a loss when it comes to planning for their study course at university?
- Do you want to help your child to choose the RIGHT course to study?
- Does your child need help exploring and defining their interests and abilities?
- Do you know what fields of study are a RIGHT fit for your child?
As one of our community projects, 1,000 copies of the newly released myCOURSE Guide will be provided FREE of CHARGE to school counselling teacher as reference tool when counselling their students. Another 1,000 copies will be given away to students who attend the ‘My Career Clusters’ workshop conducted by StudyMalaysia.
For further information, or to purchase and enquire about sponsorships, please call the publisher Challenger Concept (M) Sdn Bhd at 03-78803837, or Mr Tan Mui Hong (0123202663) or Ms Brenda Lee (012-6699852). Or send us an email: [email protected].