Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
by StudyMalaysia.com on July 10, 2015 | Other Government Agencies
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is a government agency which is responsible for conducting Malaysia’s foreign relations with other countries in matters relating to political relations, economic affairs, security matters, and social and cultural promotion. The role and function of the Ministry is to:
- Uphold, promote and protect Malaysia’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and interests
- Monitor and analyse developments in the international arena
- Develop and advise the government on foreign policy options
- Communicate the government’s foreign policy position
- Assist other ministries and agencies in international dealings; and
- Assist Malaysian citizens abroad
The Ministry is also geared towards fulfilling the following objectives:
- Maintaining peaceful relations with all countries regardless of its ideology and political system
- Adopting an independent, non-aligned, and principled stance in regional and international diplomatic affairs
- Forging close relations and economic partnerships with all nations, particularly with ASEAN and other regional friends
- Promoting peace and stability in the region through capacity building and conflict resolution measures
- Playing an influential leadership role as Chair of the ASEAN, Non-aligned Movement (NAM) and Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) (As we did in the last few years)
- Participating actively and meaningfully in the United Nations, especially in the efforts to end injustice and oppression, and to uphold international law; and
- Projecting Malaysia as a leading example of a tolerant and progressive Islamic nation
Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations (IDFR)
- Provides training in research in diplomacy, international relations and languages for government officers, international participants from developing countries under the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) as well as ASEAN, Commonwealth, Colombo Plan member countries
- Organizes public lectures, forums, roundtable discussions, seminars workshops for government officials, academicians and university students, representatives from think tanks, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), training institutes and members of the diplomatic corps based in Kuala Lumpu
South-East Asia Regional Centre for Counter-Terrorism (SEARCCT)
- In collaboration with established think-tanks and international organisations, SEARCCT provides training for enforcement, security and other government officers on counter-terrorism
- Promotes Malaysia’s perspective and approach in counter-terrorism which is inclusive of utilizing various training courses, seminars, workshops, conferences, and forums to discuss and disseminate information on counter-terrorism
All rights reserved. No part of this editorial contents may be reproduced, copied, translated, or stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent from the publisher Challenger Concept (M) Sdn Bhd (www.studymalaysia.com/challenger)
You May Also Be Interested In...
- • Dubai, UAE Consulate General of Malaysia, Ministry of Higher Educa...
- Malaysia Airlines, (www.malaysiaairlines.com) the national carrier of ...
- The Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board or Tourism Malaysia is an agency ...
- The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) is Malay...
- The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs is a government agency which is respon...