Who's Who in the Malaysian Education Industry
YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Abu Bakar Suleiman
International Medical University (IMU)
YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Abu Bakar Suleiman attended Malay College, Kuala Kangsar, St John’s Institution, Kuala Lumpur and Geelong Grammar School in Victoria, Australia and obtained his MBBS from Monash University, Australia. He obtained the Masters of Medicine (Internal Medicine) from the University of Singapore.
He became a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and did his postgraduate training in nephrology at Georgetown, University Hospital, Washington DC (USA) and Prince Henry’s Hospital in Melbourne (1975-1976). He attended the Advanced Management Programme at Harvard Business School in 1991.
He started the Department of Nephrology and developed the nephrology and dialysis services at Hospital Kuala Lumpur and extended this to other hospitals in the country.
He was Director General of Health Malaysia from 1991 to 2001, and was appointed President of International Medical University in 2001.
- President, Malaysia Medical Association (1985)
- Master, Academy of Medicine Malaysia (1990-1998)
- Founding President, Malaysian Society of Nephrology (1984-1985)
- Founding President, Malaysian Society of Transplantation (1996-2002)
- President, Association of Private Hospitals, Malaysia (2002-2008)
- President, Malaysian Health Informatics Association (MHIA)
- President, Board of Governors, National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- President, National Diabetes Institute (NADI)
- Chairman, Integrated Healthcare Holdings Sdn Bhd (IHHSB)
- Chairman, Board of Directors – CCM Duopharma Biotech Berhad (CCMD)