Five Malaysian universities rank top 50 in Asia
by StudyMalaysia.com on October 17, 2017 | Top Stories
In the latest QS Asia University Rankings 2018 that features over 400 universities and 17 different countries, Malaysian universities record their best ever performance with five Malaysian universities in the top 50 ranking.
According to QS, this year’s rankings were compiled by assessing universities on 10 different indicators, including the proportion of academic staff qualified to PhD level and the proportion of inbound and outbound exchange students at the university.
A total of 27 Malaysian public and private universities were included in the ranking, out of which 22 rank within Asia’s top 300. Eighteen of these universities also showed improvement in their rank. Leading the top of the table is Universiti Malaya which jumped three spots from 27 to 24. The university with the most impressive improvement in rank is UCSI University which climbed from 343 to a shared position of 212.
Malaysian universities in top 300 of the QS Asia University Rankings 2018
Leading the top 10 universities in Asia is Nanyang Technological University which has displaced National University of Singapore as number one. The top 10 universities are represented by two universities from Singapore, four from Hong Kong, one from South Korea and three from China.
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU), Singapore
- National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- KAIST - Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, South Korea
- The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Tsinghua University, China
- Fudan University, China
- City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Peking University, China
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Hong Kong
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Are you sitting for SPM this year? To help students and parents plan a...
- Do you like helping to organise events for your school or community? A...