Pre-University Studies: The International Foundation Year Programme (IFY)
THE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION YEAR PROGRAMME (IFY), is a pre-University qualification awarded by The University Consortium (NCUK). The NCUK qualification is designed to prepare international students for university study with guaranteed access to universities worldwide. The courses are planned with collaboration with leading partner universities in mind, thus they are of the highest academic standard. The courses will help students improve their English language levels and develop a range of study and social skills.
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) is a 9-month fast-track programme - a foundation pathway in Science, Engineering or Business which will allow students to complete university a year ahead of their peers. The aim of the programme is to prepare students for first year entry into undergraduate degree courses. Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student’s local qualification and starting a university degree.
Reasons why NCUK should be your choice:
- Only 3 years to get a degree in Malaysia.
- 90% of NCUK students get into their first choice university.
- 80% of NCUK students achieve a first or second class degree at university.
- Entry into the foundation can be based on predicted grades for SPM or IGSCE. Thus students save time while waiting for their actual results.
- Students are guaranteed access into leading universities worldwide including UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA and Malaysia upon passing the Foundation.
- Qualified teachers ensure the best possible preparation for the student’s degree and future career.
- The University career advisors will ensure students are placed in universities that suit them best.
- Campuses provided are safe thus giving parents peace of mind.
- The programme for “Career Information Advice and Guidance (CIAG)’ is designed by careers and industry professionals and delivered by qualified Career and University Advisors.
- The IFY programme places importance on the holistic development of the student offering them arts, music, performance, sports as extra-curricular activities.
- Students undertaking the IFY programme are exempted from IELTS, TOEFL and other required English examinations prior to their degree studies. This saves money and time.
- SPM - Successful completion of 5 subjects with an average grade B/C. Forecast results accepted.
- IGSCE - Successful completion of 5 subjects with an average grade B/C including Maths and English. Forecast results accepted
- English Language Requirement - must be able to show ability equivalent to IELTS 5.0 level prior to entry.
How to apply for university:
NCUK has a team to help you with your university application. The counsellors at the Study Centres will help you with the application and let you know all the deadlines.
Studying NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) at Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park
All courses are offered here at Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park for students studying the Science and Engineering Foundation.
During Pre-University, either in A Level or NCUK IFY, students are encouraged to develop and demonstrate their leadership capabilities, and student leaders are given the opportunity to make an impact on the wider school community. Among the leadership positions that students will be involved in are:
- Head Boy and Head Girl
- Pre-University Leaders
- Head of Student Council (and Student Council members)
- Eco Warriors
Studying NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) at Asia Pacific Schools
Asia Pacific Schools is one of the most renowned schools in the Klang Valley, serving about 1,800 students across the International Curriculum and Malaysian National Curriculum. Our approach to education and growth encompasses academic rigour, pastoral care, and genuine relationships, with appropriate tools and technology seamlessly binding it all together. In doing so, we are developing well-rounded, confident individuals who are ready for the challenges of the world.
All courses are offered here at Asia Pacific Schools for students studying the Business Foundation.
The University Consortium (NCUK) is a commercial organisation in the international higher education sector which specialises in offering university pathways, support and services for international students through its global network of Study Centres.
em>Reference: Official site for NCUK: https://www.ncuk.ac.uk/