QS World University Rankings® 2020
by StudyMalaysia.com on July 8, 2019 | Top Stories
In the world’s top universities this year ranked by QS World University Rankings® 2020, Malaysia records eight universities in the top 500 ranking.
The results for the QS World University Rankings® 2020 which were released on 19 June 2019 ranked 1000 universities from 82 different locations. A total of 94,000 academics and 44,000 hiring managers were surveyed; and 11.8 million research papers and 100 million citations analysed. As in previous years, universities were measured on academic standing, graduate employability, student/staff ratio, research impact, and internationalisation.
The world’s best university went to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a number one spot that it has held for eight years running. Stanford University and Harvard University maintained their second and third positions from the previous year. There were no newcomers in the top 10 universities.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States
- Stanford University, United States
- Harvard University, United States
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech), United States
- ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- UCL, United Kingdom
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- University of Chicago, United States
In Malaysia, a total of 20 universities were ranked this year with Universiti Malaya moving up to 70th position, its highest ever rank. Most of the other universities showed a marked improvement in their rankings from the previous year; UPM had the biggest jump from a ranking of 202 to 159, followed by USM from 207 to 165.
Featured for the first time in the QS World University Rankings are Management and Science University, Universiti Malaysia Perlis, Sunway University, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) and Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR). Appearing at #442, UCSI University is the highest ranked private university in Malaysia.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Attention school leavers! Applying for scholarships? Check this list f...
- The ASEAN Young Quality Assurance Officers Forum and Roundtable Meetin...
- Revision at your fingertips — we've come a long way from relying jus...
- Now that you know what pre-U options you have, it's time to make a dec...