Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2022
The Times Higher Education has prepared the world rankings based on 13 performance indicators that cover the institution’s performance in five areas -
- teaching - the learning environment (30%)
- research - volume, income, reputation (30%)
- citations - research influence (30%)
- international outlook - staff, students and research (7.5%)
- industry income - knowledge transfer (2.5%)
For the year 2022, it is noticed that universities that published high-impact research on Covid-19 have made their way up the league table with China reaping the most rewards. Other universities that have published medical sciences research relating to Covid-19 have improved significantly in their world rankings. Mainland China now has the joint fifth highest number of institutions in the top 200 overtaking Canada and on par with the Netherlands.
The following are the top 10 universities in the World rankings for 2022:
- University of Oxford (UK)
- California University of Technology (USA)
- Harvard University (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- Princeton University (USA)
- University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- Yale University (USA)
- University of Chicago (USA)
The UK’s University of Oxford for the sixth consecutive year has successfully maintained its No. 1 spot and thus is ranked as the best university in the world. The THE University Rankings 2022 include 1662 universities across 99 countries. China has two institutions in the top 20 for the first time - Peking University and Tsinghua University shared the 16th spot.
Some of our universities in Malaysia have also found a share of the limelight in the Times Education World University Rankings 2022.
- University of Malaya -301
- University Teknologi PETRONAS - 501
- University Utara Malaysia - 601
- University Kebangsaan Malaysia - 601
- University Putra Malaysia - 601
- University Sains Malaysia - 601
- University Teknologi Malaysia - 601
- University Tenaga Nasional - (801-1000)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (801-1000)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (801-1000)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (801-1000)
‘World University Rankings by Times Higher Education’ takes into accounts the reputation of research done by universities and how often papers prouduced by universities are quoted around the world.
‘The Shanghai Jiao Tong University Rankings’ focuses on the number of award-winning scientists, most cited researchers from the listed universities, and their contributions to the scientific community.
The ‘QS World University Rankings’ created by TopUniversities surveys a large number of academic experts about the reputation of universities and also measures the quality of teaching.
The ‘Best Global Universities Rankings’ created by U.S News and World Report analyses university graduation rates and how many students remained enrolled in their second year of studies. It also surveys university representatives on the performance of universities.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- These courses definitely didn't exist in your grandparents' era (and m...
- So you love sports? You want a career in sports but you're not quite t...
- Do even the most mundane of advertisements pique your interest? Do you...
- The application results for admission into public universities and pre...
- The 16 career clusters are a grouping of jobs and industries into 16 c...
- Are you thinking of pursuing a master’s degree or a PhD in Malaysia?...