UPU Online Appeal 2016
by StudyMalaysia.com on May 24, 2016 | Top Stories
The application results for admission into public universities and premier polytechnics for foundation and diploma programmes (2016/2017 session) was announced on 16 May 2016.
Out of 181,317 applications, 58,914 (33%) applicants were offered a place where 62% of successful applicants were offered a course based on their top 3 choices as stated in UPUOnline. Out of that number, 36.9% were offered a course based on their first choice.
According to MOHE, some of the reasons why applications were unsuccessful were because the applicant:
- failed to click on the ‘confirm and send’ button when submitting their application online
- did not fulfil the criteria
- applied for a programme that was not in a field within their academic stream
- did not pass the interview
- had low merit marks
- was not picked by the university due to limited places and stiff competition
HOW TO APPEAL
All is not lost if you did not secure a place. You still have a chance to appeal. Appeals can be made via UPUOnline at http://upu.jpt.moe.gov.my/.
The UPUOnline Appeal will be open from 12.00pm on 26 May 2016 to 11.59pm on 31 May 2016.
Students can also call the helpline at (03) 88706767 or (03) 8870 6777. The helpline is open on working days only, from 7.30am – 5.30pm.
A consultation helpdesk has also been set up for students to enquire about their application to public universities and premier polytechnics. Students can visit the helpdesk from 17 May – 1 June 2016, 8.30am – 4.30pm on working days only. The helpdesk is located at:
Kementerian Pendidikan Tinggi
Aras Tanah, No. 2 Menara 2, Jalan P5/6
Presint 5, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
62200 Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
Important: Only applicants who applied previously (18 January – 4 April 2016) but did not receive any offers are eligible to appeal.
A second intake refers to intakes conducted solely by the respective public universities, premier polytechnics, conventional or METrO polytechnics, community colleges or ILKA. The second intake does not involve BPKP (UPU).
You May Also Be Interested In...
- You’ve probably been feeling anxious for days in anticipation of you...
- Are you working on your term assignment? Or writing an essay? Or perha...
- Now that you have a better understanding of your own personality and i...
- As the World Bank emphasised in a report last year, the digital econom...