- Search Results
- Scholarships Explained!
Scholarship / Fund / Loan
- Deadline: OngoingWe understand that different students will have different financial situations, so we work with a variety of education loan and scholarship providers to ensure that our students get the very best options to fulfil their education financial needs. Stu...Ongoing
- Deadline: 15 April 2022Terbuka kepada pelajar yang sedang mengikuti pengajian secara sepenuh masa peringkat Ijazah Pertama dalam bidang tertentu di Institut Pengajian Tinggi (IPT) terpilih di dalam negara.15 April 2022
- Deadline: 12 May 2022The Great Eastern Supremacy Scholarship Award is one of the leading programmes in the insurance industry. Every year since 1998, we have been the platform where almost a hundred deserving, talented, young Malaysians can pursue their dreams.12 May 2022
- Deadline: One (1) weeks after commencement of programmes OR one (1) weeks after the release of actual results.Through the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, Sunway University has continuously contributed scholarships and education funds to deserving students through the scholarships and awards.One (1) weeks after commencement of programmes OR one (1) weeks after the release of actual results.
- Deadline: 1st August 2022 (For July intake)Awarded to enrolling freshmen in recognition of their excellent academic achievements prior to admission into a new programme in Sunway University/ Sunway College (KL).1st August 2022 (For July intake)
- Deadline: 2 weeks after commencement of programmes or 2 weeks after the release of actual results.Start your journey at Sunway with our lucrative scholarships. Choose from Pre-U, ADTP, Diploma and Accounting programmes.2 weeks after commencement of programmes or 2 weeks after the release of actual results.
- Deadline: 31 October 2022Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) mempelawa Pegawai Kumpulan Pelaksana (PKP) lantikan Perkhidmatan Awam Persekutuan yang berminat dan memenuhi syarat untuk memohon Program Penajaan Kumpulan Pelaksana (PPKP) bagi pengajian Sijil dan Diploma Kemahiran ...31 October 2022
- Deadline: 31 March 2022Sukacita Jabatan ini mempelawa pelajar yang sedang mengikuti pengajian Ijazah Pertama di Universiti Awam, Politeknik dan Government Linked University untuk memohon penajaan Program Ijazah Dalam Negara (PIDN) Tahun 2022.31 March 2022
- Deadline: OngoingPPBU is offered to tertiary level education from Skills Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Professional, Master’s Degree, and Doctorate (PH.D) to deserving Malaysian. Its aim is to aid the social and economic development of Malaysians by en...Ongoing
- Deadline: 25 March 2022Heriot-Watt was the first institution in Scotland to admit women into STEM programmes. Since opening our doors in Malaysia, we’ve made it possible for women in the ASEAN region to gain access to quality teaching and learning in the field of Enginee...25 March 2022
Financial Aid Providers
In Malaysia, the sponsors of financial aid come from various categories. These include scholarships and loans offered by the government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector, government-linked companies and trade associations.
Types of Financial Aid
Higher education is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. With the increasing cost of education, planning ahead is essential to finance your education. So what are some options you can explore? Here are some common ways students seek financial aid.
Scholarships are monetary awards given based on academic or other achievements and are non-repayable, which means you won't have to pay the money back. Scholarships are awarded by the government, non-government organisations, corporations and independent foundations.
You may have heard people using the terms 'scholarship' and 'bursary' interchangeably, however, bursaries are usually non-competitive and automatic, and often based on financial need without emphasis on academic standing.
Grants are similar to scholarships and also don't have to be repaid. The difference is that grants are often need-based while scholarships are usually merit-based. Grants are also given to students who carry out academic research projects.
- Education Funds
Education Funds are Scholarships or loans provided by the Government / foundation / private educational institutions / financial institutions to reduce the burden of financing a student's education expenses, whether locally or overseas.
- Tuition Fee Waiver or Discount
Many private higher education institutions in Malaysia offer partial or full tuition fee waivers or discounts based on merit (e.g. academic, sports, leadership roles). Recipients are often required to maintain a minimum CGPA to continue enjoying the tuition fee waiver.
- Unit Trusts & Insurance Schemes
These are typically investment schemes that parents undertake for several years to secure financial funding for their child's higher education.
Loans are financial obligations that must be repaid. Loans are mostly provided by private sector or government bodies.
Financing for Higher Education
The cost of tertiary education does not come cheap, but it is a lifetime investment for your future. Therefore whether your parents can afford your entire or partial cost of tertiary education, you are advised to go through this pathway in order to be competitive in your career advancement. If your family cannot afford the cost, you may work while studying part-time or look for some forms of scholarship, study grant, loan or other sources of financial aid to help you to pay for your education.
Read the article on Scholarships & Study Loans for Higher Education here.