|Deadline||6th April 2018|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship provides financial sponsorship to Malaysians who plan to study for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge.
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship, established in 2009, is jointly sponsored by Yayasan Khazanah and the Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust (CCEIT).
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship is a leadership development programme that is aimed at building Malaysia's future leadership talent. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to not only demonstrate academic excellence, but also develop their leadership skills through training and participation in a number of activities.
Scholars of the programme will undergo an enriching personal journey, and will also be part of a cadre of future leaders that will be groomed to eventually lead Malaysia's government-linked companies (GLCs). It is a career-long journey that offers Malaysia's top talents an opportunity to realise their full potential in the transformation of Malaysia's GLCs into globally competitive corporations.
The scholarship will cover for the full duration of the course of study, and provides for tuition fees, monthly living expenses, return air passage and other provisions, such as book allowance, establishment and end of study allowances.
Criteria / Eligibility
Citizens of Malaysia who have already secured a conditional or unconditional offer to admission into the University of Cambridge or currently pursuing studies at University of Cambridge, and meet the requirements below:
For Undergraduate Studies
- Not exceeding 21 years of age as at the enrolment date for the degree programme
- Must have an excellent academic track record, with an actual or predicted minimum of 3 As, or show evidence of excellent performance throughout their pre-university studies
- Obtained admission or currently pursuing a full-time residential degree
For Postgraduate Studies
- Below 40 years of age
- Must have a First Class or a Second Class (Upper) honours degree, or where there is a point system, a minimum CGPA of 3.5, or its equivalent. For those applying for a doctoral degree with a research Masters degree, they must show an excellent report for their thesis. In the event that formal qualification has yet to be conferred, applicants must show evidence of excellent performance throughout their studies.
- Obtained admission or currently pursuing one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- One-year postgraduate courses (e.g MPhil, LLM, MBA etc)
For more info about the scholarship, click here.