|Deadline||15 March 2020|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and selected private universities at postgraduate level.
The call for application in 2020 is only for selected countries such as ASEAN, Kingdom of Morocco and Palestine only. The online application will be opened in early 2020.
Who Can Apply
MOE cordially invites graduates (full time Master / PhD) from the following nations to the September 2020 Academic Session:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
Application deadline: Sunday, March 15th, 2020
Applicants are encouraged to refer to Ministry of Education Malaysia (MOE) official portal (https://www.moe.gov.my) from time to time for any further updates regarding this scholarship.
How to Apply
- The application can be made via https://biasiswa.moe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
- All documents below are COMPULSORY and to be uploaded via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month's validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants' alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency;
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees (e.g. lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- Endorsement form;
- Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria:
- Not more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and PhD respectively.
- For Master’s degree, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at Bachelor Degree.
- For PhD applicant should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (total 6.5); or TOEFL (paper-based test with a minimum total score of 580 or computer-based test with a minimum total score of 230 or internet-based test with a minimum total score of 92); or
- Applicants obtaining degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- A written proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
Level of Study
*Full time postgraduate students [(Master / PhD) courses] for the September 2020 Academic Session
List of Universities
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Benefits of MIS
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance; RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Areas of Study
The priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
Terms & Condition
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate at any Malaysian Public Universities. It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholars must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
- Scholars must follow the approved programmes and are abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Further information and application details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my
- Scholars must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysia Public Universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholars are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
For further enquiries regarding MIS scholarship; please contact us:
Ministry of Education Malaysia
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
Phone: +603-8888 1639 (Hotline) / +603-8870 6370 / +603-8870 6403 (Malaysia time / Monday - Friday)
E-mail : [email protected]
For any technical assistance regarding MIS application form; please submit your e-mail with screen-shot to: [email protected]