|Deadline||1 - 22 July 2022|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
PENANG FUTURE FOUNDATION, made possible by donations from private sectors and individuals, is a scholarship program awarded by the Penang State Government to outstanding and deserving Malaysians to pursue their undergraduate studies in Malaysia. This is one of the State’s initiatives to stem the tide of brain drain and nurture Penang as a talent hub. While the scholarships are open to all eligible Malaysians regardless of race, religion and gender, preference will be given to outstanding and deserving youths from single, low to middle-income families. Upon successful completion of studies, the sponsored scholars are required to work in Penang in organizations of their choice, be it in the private or public sector.
Eligibility to Apply:
- Minimum CGPA of 3.67 in STPM/ Foundation/ Matriculation/ Diploma/ UEC & equivalent; OR Currently pursuing undergraduate course in Malaysia IPT with minimum CGPA of 3.67; and
- Household income not more than RM 15,000 per month (equivalent to RM 180,000 annualized); and
*Parents’ 2 years tax return/ BE Form must be attached*
- Malaysian 25 years or younger; and
- Entering/ Currently pursuing full time first undergraduate Degree (fully accredited by MQA) in Malaysia
- Monthly Living Allowance of RM800
- Tuition Fee not exceeding RM100,000 for entire course (based on actual amount invoiced by university/ pays directly to university)
- Award only takes effect upon execution of scholarship agreement and does not cover retrospective tuition fee/ living expenses incurred by scholar.
Academic Performance Standard & Maintenance:
- Must maintain CGPA of 3.33 and above at all times.
- Reminder of possible revocation will be served for any semester of CGPA below 3.33
- Timely submission of the latest examination slip at the end of each semester.
Higher Education Institution:
Public and Private Universities (IPTA & IPTS) in Malaysia
Sponsored Discipline/ Courses:
MQA fully-accredited courses in Science*, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and Accountancy/ Finance
Tenure of Scholarship:
Minimum period required for completion of course (to graduate on time)
- Penangite or studied in Penang
- Academic Achievements
- Good cognitive skills ie: leadership, communication, teamwork
- Recipient of state/ national/ international level prize/award; both academic and non-academic
- To work in any organization of own choice (private OR public sector) in Penang
- Bond Period calculated based on the value of Tuition Fee AND Living Allowance sponsored; one year of service for every RM 20,000.
Minimum one year service bond, maximum of EIGHT years.
- Bond is served by period of actual employment in Penang.
Tuition Fee AND Living Allowance Sponsored
Less or equal to RM 20,000
> RM 20,000 – RM 40,000
> RM 40,000 – RM 60,000
> RM 60,000 – RM 80,000
> RM 80,000 – RM 100,000
> RM 100,000 – RM 120,000
> RM 120,000 – RM 140,000
> RM 140,000 – RM 160,000
- Online application opens once a year. Refer to announcement at home page.
- Submit application and supporting documents via online only. (Application and documents submitted over the counter or send in via post or email will not be accepted.)
- Meet minimum eligibility criteria. Applications received will be automatically filtered by system.
- Shortlisting done based on merits which includes but not limited to:
- Priority criteria
- Allocation as determined by PFF for each discipline
- Shortlisted students are called up to attend interview before panels convened by PFF.
- Students to bring with them on interview day, original copies of all documents submitted during the application process.
- Manual verification of documents will be done prior to interview.
- Final decision by the members of the Selection Committee.
Revocation of Award:
Grounds of revocation include:
- Failed to achieve the minimum CGPA required for two consecutive semesters; OR
- Placed under academic probation by university or obtained CGPA less than 2.00 at any time during the duration of study; OR
- Involved in illegal/unlawful activities and or vices considered detrimental to PFF’s or state government’s interest (refer to PFF Scholarship Agreement for details); OR
- Expelled from university on any ground; OR
- On the conviction of involvement in drug abuse and/or activities related to drugs, including trafficking and consumption of drugs.
IF scholarship is revoked, the scholar and/or guarantor(s) has to pay back all monies received from the PFF Scholarship within 60 days upon receipt of the letter of demand.
(Note: Guarantors to be copied all correspondences sent to scholar)
Extension of Scholarship Tenure:
- Scholarship will not be granted for extension period save for:
- Suspension of studies of not more than 6 months by virtue of Scholar’s failing health, supported by:
- Certified medical report by General Hospital or accredited medical institution, and
ii. Supporting letter by a member of the faculty’s academy staff
- Case to case basis on humanitarian grounds to be determined at PFF’s sole discretion. Refer to PFF Scholarship Agreement for details.
- Any approval of extension will not exceed a maximum period of one (1) year from the date of approval, unless otherwise determined and confirmed in writing by PFF.
Scholarship for Post-Graduate Degree or Professional Qualifications = NOT APPLICABLE
Penang Career Assistance & Talent (CAT) Centre
Penang CAT Centre at Invest-in-Penang Berhad
PSDC Building 1, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah,
11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Contact No: 04-646 8833
Email: [email protected]