|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
SEARCA's Graduate Study Program was initiated in School Year 1968/1969. Over five decades, the scope of the Graduate Study Program has expanded to include institutional development, networking, and services to enhance graduate education in the region.
Through the years, SEARCA has sustained partnerships with international education networks and continues to promote new collaborations with industries and government agencies.
The Center is currently implementing the following joint scholarship projects with its partner institutions:
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme
- Agropolis Fondation-SEARCA Joint Scholarship
- Tokyo NODAI-SEARCA Scholarship for Dissertation Doctorate
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)-SEARCA Joint Scholarship
- UPM-Agropolis Fondation-SEARCA Joint Scholarship
- Sejong University-SEARCA Joint Graduate Research Scholarship
- National Taiwan University (NTU)-SEARCA Joint Scholarship for Master's in Global Agricultural Technology and Genomic Science (ATGS)
- MARDI-SEARCA Joint Graduate Scholarship
- Bulacan State University (BulSU)-SEARCA PhD Scholarship
- Nagoya University-SEARCA Joint PhD Research Scholarship
- Philippine Carabao Center (PCC)-SEARCA Scholarship
SEARCA follows the following general eligibility criteria across all scholarships unless indicated otherwise under a specific joint scholarship program:
- Open to nationals of SEAMEO member countries who are regular employees of academic or research institutions or government agencies;
- Must not be more than 35 (Master's Degree) or 40 (PhD) years of age at the time of application;
- Areas of specialization that scholarship applicants must pursue should be in agriculture or related sciences. Check the joint scholarship programs to determine the specific degree/s eligible for support.
- Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA's overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN) with the following priority areas:
- Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income
- Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD)
- Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD
- Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience
- EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD
Visit the joint scholarship pages to know more about the specific eligibility criteria.
Scholarship benefits granted to scholars are shared by SEARCA and the funding agency/institution. These include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition and other school fees
- Travel allowance
- Thesis/dissertation support
- Book and supplies allowance
- Health insurance
- Stipend for food, lodging, and incidental expenses
Visit the joint scholarship pages to know more about the benefits afforded to scholars.
The universities which may serve as study posts for Master's and PhD scholars vary depending on the specific joint scholarship projects. Visit the joint scholarship pages to know which universities in the table below may accommodate scholars under the specific scholarship project.
|Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)||Bogor, Indonesia|
|Universitas Brawijaya (UB)||Malang, Indonesia|
|Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)||Yogyakarta, Indonesia|
|Kasetsart University (KU)||Bangkok, Thailand|
|Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)||Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia|
|University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)||Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines|
|Sejong University||Seoul, South Korea|
|Tokyo University of Agriculture||Tokyo, Japan|
|National Taiwan University||Taipei, Taiwan|
Applicants must fill out online the SEARCA Scholarship Application Form and choose the specific joint scholarship/s they will pursue. Required documents vary for each joint scholarship program and are required to be in English or with official English translations.
Application procedure after filling out the online application form and uploading the required documents vary per joint scholarship. Check the online application guide to learn more about navigating the online application portal. Visit the specific joint scholarship page for the detailed application procedure and requirements.