|Deadline||28 February 2020|
|Organisation Type||Scholarships for Oversea Studies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
The YH2 Capital Scholarship programme is launched in 2019 and is fully funded by the Co-Founders and Co-CEOs of YH2 Capital Management Pte. Ltd. in Singapore. The programme offers one fully funded, bond-free Scholarship each year for undergraduate study at Magdalene College, University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. The selection committee of the Scholarship is looking for an outstanding Malaysian candidate with exemplary academic and personal qualities who will not have the full financial means to pursue a degree at the University of Cambridge without the help of the Scholarship.
The Scholarship will not impose any bond on the Scholar being awarded. The Donors intend the Scholar to be free to choose their place of residency and their career post-graduation from the University of Cambridge. The key objective of the Donors is to offer the Scholar lacking financial means an opportunity to not only attend Cambridge University, but to subsequently pursue his/her career aspirations without constraints.
Malaysian students studying overseas, especially those on ASEAN scholarships studying in Singapore, are welcome to apply for the Scholarship.
- September 2019 – Applications open
- February 2020 – Applications close
- March 2020 – Shortlisted candidates interview
- May 2020 – Successful applicant announced
- August 2020 – Confirmation of scholarship
You must be a citizen of Malaysia (Malaysian passport holders).
LEVEL OF STUDY
You are studying for an undergraduate degree leading to a bachelor’s degree.
COLLEGE & PLACEMENT
You must have stated Magdalene as your College choice on your academic application and you must have received a conditional offer of a place at Magdalene College in the University of Cambridge upon application. The award is conditional upon the fulfillment of the conditional offer.
You are applying to study for a course within Group 1 to 4, except for Architecture, Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering, Management Studies, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. See more here.
Basis Of Selection
- You must name Magdalene College in your application for admission to the University of Cambridge to be considered for the Scholarship.
- You must receive a conditional offer of a place at Magdalene College in the University of Cambridge. The award is conditional upon fulfillment of the conditional offer. Following receipt of application, a check will be made to confirm that the applicant has been offered a conditional place at the Magdalene College.
- The Selection Committee will comprise of five members; the Master of Magdalene College, the Senior Tutor of Magdalene College, a further Fellow in humanities subject and the two Donors.
- The Selection Committee will assess applications based on financial needs, academic record, the ability of making a significant contribution to the Magdalene community, the proposed field of study within the University, testimonials as well as interviews carried out.
- The applicant should be one:
- who has a record of academic excellence consistent with the proposed field of study;
- who can also demonstrate the potential to make a significant contribution to the broader life of Magdalene College;
- who can articulate the personal benefit he/she believes this opportunity would afford him/her; and
- would not be able to accept a place at the College without financial assistance (please note that a means test will be applied).
- The application and selection process will be overseen throughout by the Senior Tutor in his capacity as Admissions Tutor and as Director of Admissions for East and South East Asia.
September 2019: Application open
Application will be open on 1st September 2019. Application form can be found below.
February 2020: Closing of application
You must submit your application form and the supporting documents to [email protected] by Friday, 28 February 2020, 23:59 SGT. Alternatively, applications and supporting documents can be posted in hardcopy by the closing date to the following address:
YH2 Capital Scholarship
6 Temasek Boulevard, #38-05
Suntec Tower Four
If you choose to submit via post, please send us an email to notify us that you have sent the documents via post so that we can look out for it. Submitting the application form and documents in hardcopy would not be necessary if you have submitted through email.
March 2020: Interviews
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- You must be available to attend the interview that will be held in Singapore at the end of March either through video call or in person. Travel and accommodation expenses to Singapore from country of residence, to attend the interview, could be reimbursed with supporting receipts.
- The shortlisted candidates from the interviews in Singapore conducted by the Donors shall then take part in a video call interview with the Selection Committee members residing at Cambridge.
- Candidates that do not attend the selection interviews will not be considered for the Scholarship.
May 2020: Announcement
Successful applicant will be announced by the end of May in 2020, but scholarship will only be confirmed pending a confirmed place in Magdalene College.
August 2020: Confirmation
Applicant will be confirmed for a scholarship once place at the College is confirmed in late August 2020.
Value Of Scholarship
In determining the value of the Scholarship in individual cases, the College will take into account of the candidate’s income from all sources and a partial scholarship may be awarded. The maximum award per annum that will be made to a Scholar who has no other sources of finance will be a sum of the amount as follows:
Maintenance grant - £10,310
*Estimated cost for 9 months in 2019-2020
University fees - £20,157
*Group 1 fees for 2019-2020 set by University
College fees - £9,387
*Cost for 2019-2020
Flight allowance - The cost of one return economy fare between London and the Scholar’s home airport. It covers the cost of one return economy fare within the full duration of the undergraduate study.