|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
YSD Skill Enrichment Bursary Programme is a dedicated and structured platform established by YSD in support of the national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) education agenda with the aim to award more bursaries for underprivileged students to pursue TVET programmes at various levels of education, in partnership with recognised and reliable TVET education partners.
YSD Skill Enrichment Bursary Programme recognizes TVET education via the following various education pathways:
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) leavers who will pursue the Malaysian Skill Certificate (Level 3) at any one of the community colleges under Ministry of Education (MOE);
- SPM leavers and diploma holders who will pursue diplomas, advanced diplomas or bachelor’s degrees at one of the 7 selected polytechnic institutions and community college under the purview of MOE; and
- SPM leavers and Malaysian certificate holders who will pursue skills certificates, professional certificates and diplomas at selected skills academies that are registered with MOE, MOHR and other ministries authorised by the Malaysian government.
Eligibility and Minimum requirement
Students who are interested to pursue TVET education may apply through YSD appointed TVET partners for the YSD Skill Enrichment Bursary Programme on an annual basis based on the following criteria:
- Candidate is a Malaysian;
- Candidate comes from a B40 family with a monthly household income of RM5,000 and below; and
- Candidate is a diploma student with a minimum academic qualification of CGPA 2.50 or an SPM leaver who obtained minimum (3) three credits
Accepted Field of Studies
YSD focuses on supporting the following STEM-related vocational courses such as engineering, construction and building, coding, as well as creative arts such as digital media, animation, graphic design, interior design, industrial design, illustration, nursing, medical laboratory technology, physiotherapy, medical assistance.
- Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare College (RSDHC)
- Ministry Of Education (MOE) – Politeknik Mukah, Politeknik Kota Kinabalu, Politeknik Kota Bharu, Politeknik Tun Syed Nasir, Politeknik Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah, Politeknik Sultan Azlan Shah, Kolej Komuniti Kuching
- KRU Academy
Value of Bursary
This bursary award covers tuition fees, living and book allowances up to a maximum amount of RM25,000 per year.
Note: The bursary will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the bursary agreement).
Service Bond period
The bursary recipient is not bonded with any Sime Darby Companies as they are not required to serve the Company.
Kindly refer to the respective YSD TVET partner website and selected Polytechnics for the application process.