|Deadline||12 April 2021|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship (BTAR) aims to help underprivileged students to continue their education in university. It is open to all Malaysians, focusing especially on high-potential students with a strong financial need to cover the expenses of the university’s tuition fees and living expenses during the course of the study.
Other than financial support, BTAR also support the students with leadership programmes such as mentorships, camps and workshops.
- UNIVERSITY FEES
- Full sponsorship of tuition fees in any MQA-accredited public or private university for study in Malaysia.
- MONTHLY ALLOWANCE
- A monthly living allowance.
- ONE-OFF ALLOWANCE
- Stationery allowance.
- Textbook allowance.
- ONE-OFF ALLOWANCE
- Thesis allowance.
- Laptop allowance.
- Formal Clothing allowance.
- Flight allowance (for flights between East and West Malaysia only).
PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE - Scholars will be paired with a mentor (industrial professional or Tunku Alumni) to help guide them in their career path and self-development.
CAMPS AND WORKSHOPS - Scholars will be able to attend camps and workshops to hone their leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as critical thinking.
SELF-DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS - Access to a development fund that our scholars can use for self-development or to fund community projects.
We encourage all Malaysians from all fields of study to apply as all applications will be reviewed individually and holistically by the YTAR team. Among the selection criteria that we look for in the selection process are:
- The capability to overcome challenges and persevere in setting and achieving personal goals, regardless of setbacks.
- Having leadership experience (in clubs or societies) with a specific goal in mind to influence others and drive change in Malaysia within your own personal capacity (inside and outside of the university).
PASSION TO LEARN
- We celebrate students with eager minds and intellectual curiosity to explore their fields of study and beyond.
Paired with a passion for self-development through active participation in extracurricular activities and leadership. We consider:
- 3.00 CGPA or equivalent for Degree / STPM / Foundation / Matriculation / Diploma, OR
- BBB for A-Level
- NOTE: Students who do not meet this academic requirement but are highly active in extracurricular activities and leadership are still strongly encouraged to apply
Priority will be given to the following:
- Household income of RM4,850 or less
- First in the family to go to university
- Candidates who have had to overcome significant challenges
We strongly encourage including a letter of recommendation by your teacher / headmaster / dean or any other figure of authority in your education institution to support your application.
- Prepare supporting documents. - identification, transcripts/exam results, certificates, letters of recommendation
- Apply online through our website.
- Complete the online application - Essay Assessment.
- Pass the assessment centre and interview.
- Receive the offer letter of the Scholarship.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply.
Deadline of Application: 12 April 2021