MSc in Data Science and Business Analytics
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||APU Malaysia Degree|
|Course Duration||Full time (1+ years) / Part time (2-3 years)|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time / Part Time|
|Fees (International Student)||RM 42,400|
|Faculty||School of Computing and Technology|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Masters Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Computing & IT|
|Mode of Study||Taught|
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
Graduates will be equipped with knowledge, skills and experience in three major dimensions: Strategic and Commercial application, “hands-on” ICT skills and Statistics & Analytics. The programme is not merely analytics-oriented, but develops the ability to use analytics to drive key success metrics related to yield management and revenue generation in practically any business domain. There is a tremendous requirement for Data Scientists and Big Data Specialists worldwide now and in the future, with hundreds of thousands of new job opportunities emerging globally. In Malaysia alone, by the year 2020 this need is expected to reach at least 15,000 professionals.
The Benefits of This Programme:
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
Who Should Attend:
This programme is designed to provide students with knowledge and applied skills in data science, big data analytics and business intelligence. It aims to develop analytical and investigative knowledge and skills using data science tools and techniques, and to enhance data science knowledge and critical interpretation skills. Students will understand the impact of data science upon modern processes and businesses, be able to identify, and implement specific tools, practices, features and techniques to enhance the analysis of data.
Modules & Project:
The programme comprises 4 pre-requisite modules (for non-Computing students), 10 coursework modules and a Capstone Project (2 parts).
For non-Computing students: to be completed upon 1st month of the programme
Specialization Modules (Choose 1 Pathway only) *
OR Multilevel Data Analysis
OR Operations Research and Optimization
OR Building IoT Applications
OR Data Protection and Managements
* Specialization modules may be pre-selected for students at the beginning of the semester. If students wish to change these pre-selected elective modules, they can choose from the available modules offered in the semester OR among the intensive delivery modules - however such changes may prolong the study duration.
DIRECT ENTRY TO MASTER PROGRAMME:
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA 2.50 out of 4.00, but below CGPA 2.75; can be accepted with rigorous assessment (include test, interview or portfolio).
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, or qualification which is equivalent can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field.
? Fundamental skills in programming, database, mathematics and statistics would be an added advantage.
* Applicants without a Computing-related Bachelor’s degree must pass the pre-requisite modules to continue with the Master’s Degree.
Full Time - Jan,May, Aug
Part Time -Jan, March, May, Jul, Sep, Nov
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.