BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with a specialism in Digital Forensics
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||APU Malaysia Degree|
|Course Duration||36 months|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Fees||RM87,000+ GBP 375/year *|
|Fees (International Student)||RM 88,200 + GBP 375/year *|
|Faculty||School of Computing & Technology|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Computing & IT|
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of programming, mathematical and algorithmic skills. A sound grasp of mathematical techniques and skills in algorithmic thinking are important pre-requisites for their second- and third-year studies in this area. Computer architecture, operating systems, networks, databases, security and forensic technologies are the underlying platform of digital forensics investigation. Introduction to management introduces the third key area, understanding personal and organisational development, along with independent learning and team working skills.
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will be involved in designing and implementing software, devising new ways to use computers and developing effective ways to solve computing problems. It spans a wide range, from theoretical and algorithmic foundations to cutting edge developments in all areas of computing. Successful professionals with a degree in computer science are flexible in performing a range of computing tasks, and extend theories and practice in every area of computing. In the second year, the core modules take development skills to the next level and deepen the understanding of platform technology, while specialised modules will allow them to go further into advanced forensic methods, ethical hacking and incident response.
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Computer Science.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of computer science and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into the focus on advanced programming techniques and algorithms, and evaluating applications at the frontiers of current technology. Specialised modules allows them to extend the capabilities developed from previous studies of forensics methods and incident response specifically in the area of advanced cyber security, penetration testing, mobile forensics, deep learning for intrusion detection as well as legal and professional practice in the cyber world. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:
• 2 Passes in STPM in Science stream with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in Mathematics and one Science or ICT Subject.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Mathematics and any one Science or ICT subjects at SPM. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
• 2 Passes in A-Level in Science stream with a Pass in Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or equivalent.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subjects at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Additional Mathematics.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or its equivalent.
Note : The requirement for the Additional Mathematics can be exempted if the Matriculation or Foundation offers Mathematics module which is equivalent or higher requirement than the Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subject at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or its equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
Direct Entry to level 2 of the Degree:
• ICT related Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
March, June, Sept, Nov
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.