Bachelor of Interior Design (Hons)
Offered by: City University Malaysia
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||3.5 Yrs|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Faculty of Architecture and Built Environment|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Arts & Design|
This programme is a creative and challenging programme that introduces students to all aspects of interior design. They will develop a range of practical and intellectual skills that encourage risk-taking and inventive problem-solving approaches. Students will have opportunities to visit design consultancies, industrial facilities, museums and exhibitions. These visits contribute to the development of a deeper contextual and industrial understanding of interior design, with direct links to studio based projects or theoretical studies. Students will also continue building an understanding of the design industry by working with clients and industry professionals on ‘live projects’, mirroring the employment experience. These commercial projects will also help students understand the business context of design, preparing them for a career.
• Passed STPM with at least a full pass in two (2) subjects including Mathematics. Students who do not take Mathematics at STPM level must have a credit in Mathematics at SPM level; OR
• Passed A- Level with at least a pass in two (2) subjects including Mathematics. Students who do not take Mathematics at A-Levels to get a credit in Mathematics at SPM / O Level; OR
• Passed Matriculation in related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00 including mathematics; OR
• Passed Diploma in Architecture Technology from City U with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
• Passed Diploma in related field from any recognized Higher Education Provider by the Malaysian Government with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
• Passed Foundation in Built Environment from City U; OR
• Passed Foundation in the relevant field from any IPT recognized by the Malaysian Government with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
• Pass Unified Examination Certificate ( UEC ) with at least Grade B in five ( 5 ) subjects including Mathematics; OR
• Other qualification equivalent there to by the Government of Malaysia; AND
• Pass Art Education subjects at SPM level; OR
• Pass the test portfolio for those who do not take subjects Art Education
Interior Designer, Design Consultant, Furniture Designer, Landscape Planner, Commercial Space Consultant, Event/Exhibition Designer, Project Manager, Business/Studio Owner, Construction Technical, Assistant, Site Supervisor, Contractor, Lecturer
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.