Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Hons) #
Offered by: International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||8 Sem|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Architecture & Building|
|Stream Requirements||Arts/Science Stream|
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture required courses
a. Fundamentals for Landscape Architecture
· Introduction to Landscape Architecture
· History of landscape Architecture
· Soil, Ecology and Nature
· Appreciation of Arts
· Plant Material
· Islamic Gardens
· Urban Horticulture
b. Landscape Planning, Conservation and Resources
· Introduction to Urban Design
· Planning Techniques
· Site planning
· Landscape Resources Planning
· Parks and Recreational Planning
c. Landscape Construction & Skills
· Landscape Material & Construction 1, 2, 3
· Planting Design
· GIS for Landscape Architecture
· Landscape Maintenance and Management
d. Creativity & Problem Solving
· Landscape Architectural Design Studio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
· Topical Studies
· Computer Aided Design, Drafting & Modelling for Landscape
· CAD 2D & 3D Presentation for Landscape Architecture
· Landscape Seminar
Additional elective course:
· Turf management
· Visual Analysis
· Landscape Conservation
· Derelict and Reclamation
· Universal Design
· Nursery Management
· Tourism Planning & Development
English is the primary medium of instruction. All applicants should submit a score of 550 in the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) of 6.0 points in the IELTS (International English Language Testing Services) orEPT (English Placement Test). The last is administrated by IIUM. Candidates who do not meet the above requirements may take up language proficiency courses within the university to achieve the required standard. Arabic is employed as a secondary medium of instructions.
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture graduate has a wide range of job prospects. These include:
· Landscape Architect to serve government agencies and local authorities.
· Corporate Landscape Architect to work as a consultant; designing and implementing landscape work in a wide range of projects such as landscape urban design, eco-tourism, conservation, landscape planning and etc.
· Project Manager to manage projects.
· Landscape Specialist to specialise in certain fields and able to consult clients in matters such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
· Researcher to conduct researches in various aspects of environment and ecology; work for various research agencies.
· Landscape Contractor to involve with various landscape projects such as construction and maintenance.
· Nursery Managers to maintain and manage plant nursery business; supply and maintain public gardens and parks.
· Academician or others.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.