Bachelor of English Studies (Hons)
Offered by: Open University Malaysia (OUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||4 years & 8 months - 14 semester|
|Part Time/Full Time||Part Time/Distance Learning (ODL)|
|Faculty||Cluster of Education and Social Sciences|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Languages (National language & other languages)|
OUM’s Bachelor of English Studies (Hons.) is a unique cross-disciplinary programme that covers language, cultural studies and communication. What learners can expect to gain from this rigorous programme is not simply an improved command of the English language.
More importantly, learners will acquire the following knowledge and skills of value in graduate employment: advanced subject knowledge of the structure, levels and discourse functions of the English language
1. A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of grade C (GPA 2.00) in any two (2) subjects or its equivalent and credit in English at SPM or its equivalent; or
2. A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent; or
3. A Diploma (Level 4, MQF) with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 or its equivalent and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent1; or
4. Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 or its equivalent and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent;
5. A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS or its equivalent2.
1 The credit requirement of English at SPM level can be waived should the grade obtained at STPM/STAM level or equivalent is higher.
2 OUM accepts the following equivalencies:
• Malaysian; and
• Candidate must be 21 years old and above in the year of application being made; and
• Have previous working experience/learning relevant to the field applied; and
• Pass APEL Assessment for Bachelor Degree (conducted by OUM).
English competency requirement for international students: Minimum IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 600 or or equivalent.
January, May, September
Interesting and diverse career paths await the English graduate, including Teaching, Journalism, Professional and Creative Writing, Management, Research, Editorial, Advertising, Media, Public Relations, Academia, Theatre, Consultancy, and others.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.