Bachelor of Medical and Health Sciences (Hons)
Offered by: Open University Malaysia (OUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Course Duration||3 years - 9 semester|
|Part Time/Full Time||Part Time/Distance Learning (ODL)|
|Campus||Alor Setar, Seberang Jaya, Ipoh, Melaka, Johor Bahru, Kelantan, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Petaling Jaya|
|Faculty||Cluster of Applied Sciences|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Science (Life Science/Physical Science/Applied Science)|
i. Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in the following subjects:
• Bahasa Malaysia
• Two (2) from either Science or Mathematics subject (Biology/Chemistry,General Science/ Applied Sciences, Mathematics/Additional Mathematics) preference 1 from each category of subject; and
• Two (2) from any other subjects;
• Pass in English (preference to be given to those with credit in English);
ii. Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with 2 principles in any subject science; or
iii. Pass Matriculation Certificate or equivalent with CGPA 3.00 in any subject Science; or
iv. Pass Diploma in Medical Assistant (Level 4, Malaysian Qualification Framework, MQF) or any related programme with CGPA 3.75 recognized by Medical Assistant Board and valid Annual Practice Certificate (APC); or
v. Pass Diploma in Medical Assistant (Level 4, Malaysian Qualifications Framework, MQF) or any related programme with CGPA 3.00 recognized by Medical Assistant Board; AND valid Annual Practice Certificate (APC); AND Posses minimum one (1) year related work experience; AND Confirmed as Assistant Medical Officer;
vi. Students shall be certified medically fit by a registered medical practitioner recognized by the recruiting institution and free from:
• Mental illness
• Physical and sensory disability
• Infectious diseases (HIV-AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, etc)
• Genetic diseases
• Drug abuse
(Source : Follows the Standard and Guidelines for Medical Assistant Education Programme Medical Assistant Board, Ministry of Health Malaysia)
• Malaysian; and
• Candidate must be 21 years old and above in the year of application being made; and
• Have previous working experience/learning relevant to the field applied; and
• Pass APEL Assessment for Bachelor Degree (conducted by OUM).
Additional requirements stipulated by the
Medical Assistant Board
1. Confirmation Letter
2. Registered with the Medical Assistant Board and
has a certificate of Annual Practitioner Certificate
(APC) in the current year.
English competency requirement for international students: Minimum IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 550 or or equivalent.
January, May, September
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.