Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)
Offered by: University of Malaya (UM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||7 Sem|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Science (Life Science/Physical Science/Applied Science)|
|Stream Requirements||Science Stream|
1. To produce graduates who have strong fundamental knowledge in biotechnology and capable in various fields that can contribute to the nation’s development, and balance the needs of human and environment development in ethical and professional ways.
2. To produce graduates skills in biotechnology techniques with capability in designing and developing research.
3. To produce graduates who are highly qualified, with broad visions and knowledgeable in sectors such as agriculture, medicine, fisheries, industry and pharmaceuticals. They are capable of developing and executing a diverse range of projects.
4. To produce biotechnology graduates who are high competitive, and capable of pursuing higher education in the life sciences in any institution.
Semester I : September
Semester II : February
Deadline for Malaysian applicants : April for Semester I intake
Deadline for International applicants : June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake
1. Biotechnologists and researchers at research institutes and industries.
2. Science and research officers in government agency.
3. Administrative officers at government agencies and private sectors.
4. Sale and Marketing executives.
5. Academician and researchers in universities
6. Research officers at Hospitals, research institutes such as MARDI, FRIM, SIRIM, IMR etc.
7. Consultants, Technologists
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.