Tun Tan Cheng Lock College of Nursing
Tun Tan Cheng Lock College of Nursing was set up by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in 1961 with the objective of providing the finest nursing education in Malaysia that incorporates all aspects of professional healthcare as well as human values such as the spirit of community, caring for others, tolerance and compassion. For the past 40 years, the College has pride itself as being in the forefront of nursing education. The College has been producing graduates with high professional standards and caring attributes which are the hallmark and tradition of the College. The graduates with 100% employability are much sought after and enjoy successful careers both locally and internationally.
To be the centre of excellence for nursing education
To produce qualified, professional, competent and caring personnel for nursing and healthcare service through the provision of a holistic, quality-driven and value-enriched educational and learning experience.
- All the tutors employed are degree or master’s holders; rich with nursing experience ranging from 10 to 30 years.
- Offers a 3-year full-time course which is certified by MQA; provides a sound education background for nursing practice.
- Contains both theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Students undergo their clinical experience at Assunta Hospital, an ISO 9001:2000 and MSQH accredited hospital (situated adjacent to the college).
- Graduates are registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board as State Registered Nurse that enables them to work in a variety of settings including clinical areas in hospitals, community health centers, nursing homes, industrial health clinics, and sales and marketing of health products.
- Diploma in Nursing
Academic Facilities & Resources
- Lecture halls equipped with audio-visual aids to offer an environment conducive for both learning and teaching.
- A well-equipped practical demonstration room for tutors to teach and demonstrate procedures.
- A skills laboratory that allows students to practise their clinical skills to be a competent nurse.
- A library that houses a rich collection of reference books, journals and periodicals with a comfortable environment for study and research.
- A computer lab and free wifithat allow students to access the internet for online research.
- A multi-purpose hall that houses various extra-curricular activities as well as medical forums.
Student Support Services
- Hostel provided
- Student Representative Body comprises clubs and societies involved in various extra-curricular and inter-college activities
- Counseling services
- Tutor advisors
What Makes Us Special?
- A full scholarship and hostel accommodation is provided with a monthly allowance of RM550, enhancing effective education.
- Graduates are guaranteed a job at Assunta Hospital.
Recognition & Achievements
- Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE)
- Accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Approved by the Nursing Board of Malaysia
- Awarded with Overall Performance Excellence in 2008
- Our student, Grace Chen was awarded the Student’s Excellence Award in 2008 for achieving the best results in the Nursing Board Exam