Megatech International College
Institut Megatech was established in November 1987 under the name of Pusat Bimbangan Mega Sdn Bhd. Initially the college was set up as a tuition center to provide academic support for the following professional examinations :
- Engineering Council Examination, UK – Parts I & II
- Institution of Engineers Malaysia – Parts I & II
- City & Guilds of London Institute, UK – Parts I, II & III
As the number of students started to grow gradually, the Directors of the college saw the need to establish a full time college to cater to the needs of the industries which were facing a shortage of skilled man power.
Hence, in October 1988 Institut Megatech was formally established as a specialist college providing certificate, diploma and higher diploma courses in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Courses were conducted both full-time and parttime to cater for the needs of fresh school leavers and working adults.
From its humble beginning, Institut Megatech has since developed and matured into a dynamic and vibrant full fledged Engineering college which has pioneered the following educational achievements in Malaysia :
- In 1992, for the first time a consortium of private colleges was formed in Malaysia to offer the then BTEC HND programmes. Institut Megatech takes pride as one of the member colleges of this consortium. The HND programme created a pathway for successful Malaysian students to complete their degree in less than a year in a UK University thus creating the famous ‘2+1’ degree concept within the Malaysian education scenario.
- Since its inception, Institut Megatech has been one of the few colleges which prepares students for the professional examinations offered by the Engineering Council (UK) and The Institution of Engineers Malaysia. Many professional engineers in industry have benefited out of our excellent performance record.
- Institut Megatech was among the first to become a C&G examination centre in Malaysia thus enabling candidates to sit for the world renowned City & Guilds examination in Malaysia.
- In 1992, Institut Megatech became one of the first few private colleges to offer skills courses in the field of Industrial Electronics, Computing, Information Technology and Mechatronics. These skills courses were offered in collaboration with the Majlis Latihan Vokasional Kebangsaan, under the Ministry of Human Resources, Malaysia.
- Institut Megatech was also one of the first few private colleges to offer tailor made in-house technical training programmes under its Corporate Training Division to multinational companies and many other manufacturing conglomerates in the field of Engineering.
At Megatech, our business orientation has always been to educate and create a world of opportunities for our future generation. With a strong emphasis on engineering and IT skills education, we have been successfully producing highly-skilled graduates for the challenging and evolving work environment.
Today, Institut Megatech graduates are much sought after in the industrial sector in Malaysia.
Institut Megatech is not just a college for education but a centre of excellence that believes in providing a future for our young generation and a competent workforce for our dynamic nation.
To be a college of technology striving continuously for excellence in engineering education, training and retraining to provide technological service to the nation.
To be an Institution of Higher Technical education specialising in Engineering and Technology
To equip our students with contemporary skills and knowledge whilst inculcating the right attitude and values
To encourage students and staff to develop their intellectual potential to prepare them for a challenging and demanding future career
- Develop critical thinking skills and analytical skills in a specific branch of engineering
- Meet the needs of the engineers in the industry
- Set the educational experience in the context of work and the creation of product
- Apply effective communication skills in an engineering context
- Develop an enthusiasm and capacity for continuing self learning capabilities
- Use information resources effectively
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU)
Institut Megatech has been working very closely with the Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) since 1992. Students who complete the BTEC / Edexcel HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Mechatronic Engineering at Megatech may proceed to the final year of the relevant degree programme at LJMU.
In addition, students who complete the advanced diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering can proceed to the 3 month summer semester programme in Electronics and Control Systems Engineering and Microelectronic Systems Engineering at LJMU in the UK. This arrangement has been in place since 2003 and has been running successfully.
Institut Megatech will be offering a full-time “3 + 0” B.Eng (Hons) Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in collaboration with LJMU. This programme will be offered from January 2011.
We have credit transfer arrangements with a number of foreign universities. Our students are generally accepted into the final year of the 3 year degree course and third and fourth year of the 4 year degree course in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Learning Facilities & Resources
The learning facilities at Institut Megatech consist of classrooms, laboratories and resource centre. Our labs are fully functional and well equipped to ensure that students acquire practical as well as theoretical knowledge. The following facilities are made available for students use.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Lab
- Communication Lab
- Engineering Science Lab
- Microprocessor and Micro Controller Lab
- Programmable Logic Controller Lab
- Project Lab
- Hydraulic and Electro-Hydraulic Lab
- Pneumatic and Electro Pneumatic Lab
- Electrical Power and Power Electronics Lab
- Control and Sensor Technology Lab
The Computer Centre
- Multimedia Lab
- Programming Lab
- Computer Hardware Lab
- Networking Lab
The Resource Centre
The library is spacious and conducive to an educational environment. It is constantly upgraded to offer a higher standard of services to the student population. A wide range of books, periodicals, journals, CD-ROMs, student project reports are available to provide the students with the latest information.
The Student Area is provided for the students to have their own meetings and plan their own activities. It also comes with TV, Astro and other amenities for students to relax and enjoy.
Megatech Students Association (MSA)
The Megatech Students Association (MSA) represents the students of the college in all matters pertaining to their welfare, stay and study. They form an effective channel of communication between the management and students.
The college encourages students to involve themselves in co-curricular activities such as sporting activities.
Sports and Leisure
Institut Megatech strongly believes that a healthy body breeds a healthy mind. The MSA often organises and participates in sports competitions within and with other colleges. There are facilities for most indoor and outdoor activities either within the college or at local centres. The central location of the college provides access to sports centres, gymnasiums, swimming pools, theatres, cultural centres, museums, art galleries, etc.
Students Counselling Service
A full-time counsellor is available for students to provide advice and counselling for all students.
Megatech is located in a congenial environment, with several housing estates in the neighbourhood for convenient accommodation.
The following facilities are available to students :
- College Hostel
- Private Accommodation
- Home Stay
Further details can be obtained from the Accommodation services.
The college can also arrange for study loans for needy students from MARA, Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran (PTPK), PTPTN and others.
Megatech International College
Lot PT 91380, Suite B-3-1, 2, 3 dan 3A (Blok B),Suite C-3-1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 dan 8 (Blok C), Suite D- 3-1, 2, 3, 3A, 5, 6, 7 dan 8 (Blok D),
Level 3, Sky Park, One City, Jalan USJ25/1,
47650 Subang Jaya
Type: Private CollegeTel: 03-7983 1348
Lee Yeu Kar
Higher National Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
All the basic educational facilities are provided by this institute as tools to help students like me to carry out our daily tasks. Our library can be classified as a "one-stop" resource centre for all electronic and electrical information. Most lecturers are friendly and equipped with a lot of knowledge and experience, especially so in guiding students to the correct route i.e. "study hard but smart". I am glad to say that we have an active community body which organises a lot of activities for the students to participate eg. short tours to local power stations, sports competitions and a lot of other attractive activities.