Reliance College has come a long way to establish itself as a leading tourism college offering quality education in travel and hospitality.
When it was first set up in 1987, the response to its first intake was overwhelming. According to its Executive Director, Ms Kong, “When the registration closed, we still had people appealing us to let them join but the classes were already full.” Since then, the college has taken the lead to introduce travel and hospitality courses as there was a serious shortage of qualified skilled manpower for the booming tourism industry.
At that time, there were no colleges offering such comprehensive courses in tourism. It was difficult for any college to do so as tourism education was a very specialized and new field of study.
Reliance College has an advantage over others as it is part of the largest tourism group in Malaysia, the Reliance Travel Group, which provides the resources, support, expertise and knowledge to help train the students.
As a leading tourism and hospitality college today, we create and make learning opportunities affordable for many to pursue their careers in the tourism industry.
Why we are the BEST choice in Tourism and Hospitality Education
- RELIANCE’s proven track record with four decades in the tourism business and education
- Worldwide industry network provides Abundant Employment Opportunities
- APPROVED and ACCREDITATED by the Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS train you with the latest trends and updates
- Strategic alliance with reputable industry partners provides the BEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Collaboration With University Of Gloucestershire
Established in 1837, the University of Gloucestershire is today ranked among the top universities in UK spanning five campuses with more than 8,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The University is a modern, forwardlooking university offering high quality teaching and excellent career prospects with unrivalled green credentials leading the way towards sustainable development.
The Business School at the University is one of the largest business schools in the UK with around 3,000 students and 120 staff.
Reliance’s collaboration with the University of Gloucestershire makes UK’s higher learning opportunities very affordable to all.
Our specialized programmes give you great benefits:
Internationally recognised qualifications
- degree awarded by UoG
- diploma awarded by Reliance
- Bachelor (Hons) Tourism Industry Management
- Bachelor (Hons) Hospitality Industry Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management
- Foundation in Hotel and Tourism
Industry oriented learning approach
- We adopt a variety of innovative and effective teaching methods to bring out the best in you
- Being part of the largest tourism group in Malaysia, Reliance College is well supported by the Group’s wide international network and strong industry links which provide a reservoir of industry experts, valuable knowledge and business learning experience to our students where no other places can Fully comprehensive syllabus coverage
- We offer a range of programmes covering a wide syllabus to give students broader options of study
- Our programmes have a unique blend of business and academic education
- Tailored to meet the industry’s fast changing needs, our programmes combine both the rigor of the practical aspect of business training as well as the high academic quality standards recognised by international universities in UK, USA, Switzerland and Australia Leadership Development and Personal Improvement
- Extra-curricular activities form an important part of a student’s learning experience in order to develop important qualities of leadership, communication, team work and social skills
- Various outdoor activities and study trips organised by the college give students the opportunity to hone their skills to be a better person
- Eligible students can apply for study loans to support their study
- Reliance College provides assistance to students applying for study loans from PTPTN, KOJADI, EPF or banks
Where jobs are hard to come by for many graduates in other industry, Reliance graduates have job offers waiting for them when they complete their studies. The industrial training stint at selected hotels or travel agencies for the students adds much value to our students’ future as they gain working experience and get identified by potential employers upon completion of their studies.
Reliance College has become the training provider of well-trained students for the Group’s manpower needs. Students who have successfully undergone the course find jobs waiting for them without having to hunt for it. With Reliance Travel’s wide network expanding locally and globally, the job opportunities are aplenty.
Reliance’s wide industry connection with hotels, travel agents and airlines also provide a huge reservoir of jobs for its graduates. Recognised by the tourism industry for its quality training, Reliance graduates are well sought-after upon completion of their studies.
Today, the large number of Reliance graduates who have joined the tourism workforce is a testimony of its high employability and increasing demand for Reliance College’s students.
We have a free job placement service to help our graduates find employment upon the completion of their studies.
Level 6, Block E, Pusat Komersial Southgate
No. 2, Jalan Dua, Jalan Chan Sow Lin,
55200 Kuala Lumpur
Type: Private CollegeTel: 603-2161 4811
Fax: 603-2166 4980
Reliance College Johor Bharu
Type: Private CollegeTel: 607-335 0105