TOC Automotive College
About TOC Automotive College
Established in 2004, TOC Automotive College is the pioneer in professional automotive education that ensures mobility and employability. TOC’s dream is to inspire society to believe in the limitless career possibilities and successes of automotive technicians and motivate automotive professionals to believe in their positive contribution to society. We constantly improve our pedagogy, qualifications, facilities, staff and industry partnerships to empower our graduates with the right attitude, skills and knowledge to achieve global recognition and success.
Excellence at TOC
Ten years ago, we dared to DREAM. We continue to BELIEVE in the importance of raising the standards and recognising talents at every level of the automotive industry. Our aim remains steadfast – to equip and INSPIRE those who have a passion for cars to dream big and to aim high. TOC’s passion is what drives us to provide the best learning experience in automotive and motorsport education. We believe that we play an integral part in shaping the fundamentals and the future of the automotive industry. For the past decade, TOC has established itself as the best-run automotive college in Malaysia. It is rated five-star by MyQuest (2012/13). It is also recognised as a five-star Malaysian Skills Certificate training provider by the Department of Skills Development (JPK).
Globally acknowledge Automotive Education
Inspiring success with Integrity and Innovation
Our programmes are accredited by the Ministry of Education Malaysia (MOE); the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA); the Ministry of Human Resources (MoHR); the Department of Skills Development (JPK); the Training and Employment Recognition Council, Queensland Government, Australia; The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI), UK; and City &Guilds International, UK. TOC has been accorded premier status accreditation by Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), a recognition given to only 5% of the world’s automotive education institutions. TOC opened its second location in Gold Coast, Australia under the brand name Trade & Occupational College of Australia Pty Ltd (TOC Australia).
TOC works closely with partners in the automotive industry to provide valuable learning experiences for our students. Our students are placed in our network of over 900 workshops and service centres during their Supervised Industrial Training (SIT) and internship. These enable students to sharpen their technical skills and gain exposure to industry’s work culture. Industrial attachment has been proven effective for gearing up students for eventual employment. Each student’s performance is constantly measured against industry standards and their progress is closely monitored by TOC’s industry coordinators to ensure that all TOC graduates perform up to the industry’s expectation.
- Diploma in Automotive Technology (DAT) (A 5194)
- Diploma in Motorsport Technology (DMS) (A 8959)
- Certificate in Automotive Technology (CAT) (PA 2309)
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM)
TOC Motorsport Team Blazing the Tracks
TOC is the only college in Malaysia with its own dedicated Motorsport Team. Formed in line with the growing popularity of motorsport in Malaysia, it provides an exciting platform for TOC’s Diploma in Motorsport Technology students to experience first hand the adrenaline-pumping action and pressure-cooker environment of motor-racing.
Location and Facilities
Located in the vibrant city of Petaling Jaya, just 15 km from central Kuala Lumpur, TOC comprises state-of-the-art learning facilities complete with a fleet of modern training vehicles, fully air-conditioned workshops, dedicated component training areas, electrical and electronic simulators, autotronics lab, and more to provide a conducive learning environment for our students. At TOC, we foresaw these developments and moved quickly to invest in the kind of high-end equipment and facilities that ensure that our students are able to adapt to this rapidly evolving environment. Coupled with a staff of top-grade experienced trainers sourced from around the world, we are able to engage students with technologically-advanced equipment and software to provide them with a constantly evolving, world-class automotive education. TOC is also the only automotive college to house a Dyno Jet four-wheel dynamometer in its courses.
TOC's Scholarships and Financial Aid
Students are able to get financial support from PTPTN, MARA study loan and EPF (Account 2) withdrawal. We also offer various scholarships such as:
- Foundation Scholarship - The Annual Foundation Scholarship aims to aid students who are passionate in automotive studies but are not financially capable to afford the diploma. It aims to motivate the student to be dedicated, self-driven, independent and responsible.
- Excellence Scholarship - The Excellence Scholarship recognises excellent academic performance at high school before entering TOC as an inspiration to attract good students into the trade.
- Performance Scholarship - The Performance Scholarship aims to reward students who are outperforming in automotive or motorsport competitions or motorsport competitions, and aims to inspire others to strive for excellence.
- CEO Honours - The CEO Honours is a term-base award that recognises excellent academic performance as an inspiration to others to strive for academic excellence.
- TD Honours - The TD Honours is a term-base award that recognises excellent academic performance as an inspiration to others to strive for academic excellence.
- Best in Sports Award - The Best in Sports Award is a term-base award that recognises students with active participation in sport to inspire others to be active in extra-curricular activities.
- Best Attendance Award - The Best in Attendance Award is a term-base award that recognises students with excellent attendance record to inspire others to strive for 100% attendance too.
- Outstanding Achievers Award - The Annual Outstanding Achievers Award recognises students who are all rounder in academic and non-academic areas.
- Trade Test Excellence Award - The Trade Test Excellence Award is a term-base award that recognises students with excellent performance in trade test to inspire to strive for trade test excellences as well as activities.
- 5-star rating in Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges (MyQUEST), 2012/2013
- 5-star training provider of Malaysian Skills Certificates, 2012
- Premier status by Accreditation Service of International Colleges (ASIC), 2012
- Best Proton at Hot Import Nights (HIN), 2012
- Appointed as training provider to the Malaysian delegation for World Skills Competition – Automobile Technology category in London, UK, by the Ministry of Human Resources, 2011
- Best Booth Design Award, Facon Education Fair, 2010
- Appointed as training provider to the Malaysian delegation for World Skills Competition – Automobile Technology category in Calgary, Canada, by the Ministry of Human Resources, 2009
- Appointed as training provider to the Malaysian delegation for ASEAN Skills Competition – Automobile Technology category in KL, Malaysia, by the Ministry of Human Resources, 2008
- Recipient of Honda Civic Hybrid, donated by Honda Malaysia, 2008
- Appointed as the Franco-Malaysian Training Centre Citroen-TOC, a regional training centre for ASEAN and Hong Kong region, by Automobiles Citroen, 2008
- Appointed as training provider for the Proton Technician Apprenticeship Programme, by Proton Edar, 2005
- Appointed as training provider for the Toyota Technician Apprenticeship Programme, by UMW Toyota, 2004
- Outstanding Booth Award, Star Education Fair, 2006, 2008
Click on a programme name for full details.
TVET/Skills qualification in Malaysia
Motor Vehicle Mechanic (JPK/SKM Level 2 & 3)Level: TVET/Skills qualification in Malaysia
Fees (Local): 37000/Course
Duration: 2 Years
|Add to Educart|
Certificate in Automotive TechnologyLevel: Certificate Level
Fees (Local): Refer to College
Duration: 1.5 Yrs
|Add to Educart|
Diploma in Automotive TechnologyLevel: Diploma Level
Fees (Local): 44300/Course
Duration: 2.5 years
|Add to Educart|
Diploma in Motorsport TechnologyLevel: Diploma Level
Fees (Local): 58300/Course
Duration: 2.5 years
|Add to Educart|
TOC Automotive College
No. 10, Jalan 19/1
46300 Petaling Jaya
Type: Private CollegeTel: 603-7955 2811
Fax: 603-7955 3811 / 7960 4355
A. J. F Shaima, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Diploma in Modern Automotive Technology, 3rd month of 2½ years
Hello! My name is Shaima and I am from Colombo, Sri Lanka. I have been in Malaysia for a couple of years before I decided to join TOC and pursue the Diploma in Modern Automotive Technology. I know it’s strange for a girl to be interested in automotive programme, but I have this curiosity about engines and how they work since I was a child. I was always trying to learn about the way automotive mechanism works…and TOC has been able to fulfill my curiosity.
Yung Yat Hang, Hong Kong
Diploma in Modern Automotive Technology, 1 year and 2 months of 2½ years
Hi. Life at TOC is simply great. I love cars and I want to know more about them.