- Search Results
- Scholarships Explained!
Scholarship / Fund / Loan
- Deadline: 30 September 2022The TAN SRI LEE LOY SENG FOUNDATION is an educational foundation which among other charitable activities, award scholarships to Malaysian students irrespective of their race and religion. The scholarship is tenable for the period laid down for the co...30 September 2022
- Deadline: 31 July 2022Hotayi offer scholarship opportunities made available for students. Hotayi aims to make higher education more accessible and affordable for anyone struggling during hard times.31 July 2022
- Deadline: 29 July 2022Scholarships are available for both commencing and current Curtin students. Scholarships are more than just financial support, they can enhance your portfolio of achievements.29 July 2022
- Deadline: OngoingUNITEN-YCU Postgraduate 2022 Scholarships in collaboration with Yayasan Canselor UNITEN (YCU). 1. Eligible to new Malaysian students intake 2022 Jan onwards only. 2. Open for all PhD/Master programmes in UNITEN. 3. Received an offer letter of Ph...Ongoing
- Deadline: 24 July 2022Permohonan adalah dipelawa kepada pelajar cemerlang lepasan Diploma tajaan JPA di bawah Program Dermasiswa B40 (DB40) untuk menyambung pengajian ke peringkat Ijazah Pertama dalam pelbagai bidang di Institusi Pengajian Tinggi Swasta (IPTS) (termasu...24 July 2022
- Deadline: 24 July 2022Permohonan adalah dipelawa kepada pelajar cemerlang lepasan Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) / Matrikulasi / Persediaan untuk menyambung pelajaran bagi pengajian Ijazah Pertama dalam bidangbidang yang dikenal pasti di universiti-universiti te...24 July 2022
- Deadline: 24 July 2022Permohonan adalah dipelawa kepada calon-calon Lepasan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) Tahun 2021 untuk memohon penajaan di bawah Program Dermasiswa B40. Program ini mensasarkan pelajar yang sedang mengikuti pengajian peringkat diploma di institusi ...24 July 2022
- Deadline: 24 July 2022Permohonan adalah dipelawa kepada pelajar cemerlang lepasan Ijazah Pertama / Sarjana tajaan JPA untuk menyambung pengajian ke peringkat Sarjana dan Kedoktoran dalam pelbagai bidang di universiti yang telah dikenal pasti oleh Jabatan Perkhidmatan A...24 July 2022
- Deadline: OngoingSukacita dimaklumkan bahawa pihak Universiti Teknologi Thai Nguyen (TNUT), Vietnam menerusi Kementerian Luar Negeri (KLN) telah memanjangkan hebahan berhubung penawaran biasiswa kepada rakyat Malaysia yang berminat untuk melanjutkan pengajian di Viet...Ongoing
- Deadline: 22 July 2022Cagamas Berhad (Cagamas), the National Mortgage Corporation of Malaysia, was established in 1986 to promote the broader spread of house ownership and growth of the secondary mortgage market in Malaysia. Cagamas issues debt securities to finance the p...22 July 2022
Financial Aid Providers
In Malaysia, the sponsors of financial aid come from various categories. These include scholarships and loans offered by the government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector, government-linked companies and trade associations.
Types of Financial Aid
Higher education is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. With the increasing cost of education, planning ahead is essential to finance your education. So what are some options you can explore? Here are some common ways students seek financial aid.
Scholarships are monetary awards given based on academic or other achievements and are non-repayable, which means you won't have to pay the money back. Scholarships are awarded by the government, non-government organisations, corporations and independent foundations.
You may have heard people using the terms 'scholarship' and 'bursary' interchangeably, however, bursaries are usually non-competitive and automatic, and often based on financial need without emphasis on academic standing.
Grants are similar to scholarships and also don't have to be repaid. The difference is that grants are often need-based while scholarships are usually merit-based. Grants are also given to students who carry out academic research projects.
- Education Funds
Education Funds are Scholarships or loans provided by the Government / foundation / private educational institutions / financial institutions to reduce the burden of financing a student's education expenses, whether locally or overseas.
- Tuition Fee Waiver or Discount
Many private higher education institutions in Malaysia offer partial or full tuition fee waivers or discounts based on merit (e.g. academic, sports, leadership roles). Recipients are often required to maintain a minimum CGPA to continue enjoying the tuition fee waiver.
- Unit Trusts & Insurance Schemes
These are typically investment schemes that parents undertake for several years to secure financial funding for their child's higher education.
Loans are financial obligations that must be repaid. Loans are mostly provided by private sector or government bodies.
Financing for Higher Education
The cost of tertiary education does not come cheap, but it is a lifetime investment for your future. Therefore whether your parents can afford your entire or partial cost of tertiary education, you are advised to go through this pathway in order to be competitive in your career advancement. If your family cannot afford the cost, you may work while studying part-time or look for some forms of scholarship, study grant, loan or other sources of financial aid to help you to pay for your education.
Read the article on Scholarships & Study Loans for Higher Education here.